Process Plant Equipment
Charles Thompson Ltd (CTL), an established process plant equipment engineering company, specialises in the mechanical design and manufacture of bespoke equipment for the hydrocarbon and process industries; namely: pressure vessels, shell and tube heat exchangers, filtration and drying equipment, pipework systems, columns, reactors and complete pre-packaged process systems for on and offshore application.
Our company has three main process plant equipment divisions, each with a superb specialist process plant design team that work to high international benchmarks for excellence and health & safety, including ASME, EN, PD, TEMA and ANSI, plus ISO 9001, ASME U, U2, Achilles and First Point Assessment.
Pressure Vessel & Heat Exchanger Division
Pressure vessels/tanks, columns, heat exchangers, reactors
Filtration & Drying Division
Filtration and drying, after sales and spares, site services
Packaged Process Systems Division
Pre-assembled units and structures, pipework systems, skid packages/modules
When you work with CTL, you will be assigned a dedicated project engineer, who will act as your constant point of contact, from the time you confirm your order through to after sales support.
Materials, Methods and Technologies
Charles Thompson has particular experience in corrosion resistant metals and alloy fabrication; we also boast one of the UK’s largest purpose-built clean rooms. In addition, our process plant equipment team is highly skilled in cladding methods and technologies, offering high pressure and sour service applications; plus vast experience in the mechanical design of coil type and shell & tube heat exchangers for optimum use in even the most demanding environments.
- Carbon Steels (including high strength, SSC and HIC resistant material grades)
- Stainless Steels and Super Austenitic (304, 310, 316, 317, 321, 347, 904, 6Mo, NAG and high temperature grades)
- Duplex Stainless Steels (Duplex UNS S31803) Sandvik 2205.
- Super Duplex (UNS S32750/32760) Sandvik 2507, Zeron 100 grades
- Nickel Alloys (alloys C22, C276, Hastelloy® C2000, 28, 200, 201, 400, 600, 601, 625, 800, 825 and high temperature grades)
- Exotic elements (Titanium grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 12, 16 Zirconium 702, 705, Tantalum, Molybdenum)
- Clad material, explosive and rolled bonded and weld overlaid in a variety of different material combinations
Bespoke fabrications, heavy precision machining and lifting equipment are available from CTL Seal, a subsidiary company.
For more information about our specialities, processes and QHSE standards, navigate the menus or contact us directly with details about your specific requirements.